t h e... H o l l y w o o d R e p o r t e r
My photo
Hollywood, CA, United States
professionally manipulated observations on politics, media and celebrity as i see it from my teetering perch just below the hollywood sign

Thursday, February 10, 2011

i dont really tell people about this, but...

my critical thinking class will be examining the 60's and what went down in this country in that time period. the cuban missle crisis is one area of interest to me, as i was born on October 22 1962. on 10/22/62 president kennedy went to the airwaves to tell america that nuclear war with russia was a real threat. my mother tells me that the fear that went through her, listening to the president that night, put her into labor, and out i came. click here to see youtube speech president kennedy gave that night, and the picture you see above is from life magazine. it is a hardware store in omaha, showing americans glued to any television set they could find....the day i was born....

No comments:

Post a Comment